Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say what you want about this crew, they have a system that works well for them and they do it pretty quick. I like it. :thumbsup:

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nightmare to spotlight. But hey maybe they don't spotlight.
Don't imagine the video showed everything they did. But not so sure I agree it would be a nightmare. :) A quick lightcheck and a few touchups and move on. But hey they sure got the tapes on fast didn't they?

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeez the guy runs a bazooka almost as good as 2 buck - welcome back 2 buck hope you had a good xmas. :)

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
that's a old vid I posted up on here a long time ago. And if you notice, the captain brought it to everyone's attention that, it's a north star tube their running, and even the one in the back ground looks like a DM. But they say Columbia taper.

If someone is chasing me (or 2 guys) I will go about that speed on the flats. Except I don't stop at the corners, I run it around and let the wiper slice the tape, and I run over the receptacles too. The angles I do slower. I'm more about accuracy with them, so I will drop and feed the tube for long runs on Horizontals (not short ones). Plus I like my horizontals rolled out before I do the upright ones. Aids in the finish of the 3 ways

Also I'm a pre-fill nut also, so depending on weather they used nails or screws , all nails on flats or in angles get a fill 1st, Upright bevells get a fill in angles, along with butt joints and any gaps or un-even board, unless it's student housing:whistling2:

·
Mudder Lover
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think when the say Columbia they mean the country. Thats my thought on it anyway (check out some of the other videos posted by the same guy). The Captain wont like the way they do it cause they use 12 inch boxes! :whistling2:

·
post whore
7,772 Posts
Jeez the guy runs a bazooka almost as good as 2 buck - welcome back 2 buck hope you had a good xmas.
I had xmas off, was back at work today, and all I did was fix.:(

There was no way I could go at that speed with the clown show working with me right now. All I would do, is go back into a room and give this look:blink: of you guys aren't done yet. Then at one point my son said lets "GO THERE OLD MAN !!!!!" So I turned on the rocket jets for 2 rooms of flats, I thought he was going to cry:thumbup:

But then today, I had to fix butt tapes that were wiped down one side and not the other. Who to hell wipes a butt tape down one side

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I didn't see anything wrong with how the taper was ran, seemed clean enough and accurate enough to get the job done. As far as everything else goes, it's hard to tell with it being a low quality vid. It did seem like he was missing some stuff with the sander though.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I didn't see anything wrong with how the taper was ran, seemed clean enough and accurate enough to get the job done. As far as everything else goes, it's hard to tell with it being a low quality vid. It did seem like he was missing some stuff with the sander though.
geuss it comes to video quality

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have never understood how people can load the butt joints with flatboxes. I have given it a whirl once or twice myself (with zero success) and I always end up hand bombing them out. Do you guys go over them twice with the boxes, then once by hand? I have heard so many different ways of doing it too, one guy says you go down either side of the tape for first coat, then you run around after and fill in the middle by hand, then another guy goes first coat just one pass down the middle, and on second coat he just goes on either side of that, do any of you guys do it with boxes or are you like me and just do it up by hand?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I have never understood how people can load the butt joints with flatboxes. I have given it a whirl once or twice myself (with zero success) and I always end up hand bombing them out. Do you guys go over them twice with the boxes, then once by hand? I have heard so many different ways of doing it too, one guy says you go down either side of the tape for first coat, then you run around after and fill in the middle by hand, then another guy goes first coat just one pass down the middle, and on second coat he just goes on either side of that, do any of you guys do it with boxes or are you like me and just do it up by hand?
I've always had trouble getting them flat using the box method so I usually end up doing them by hand.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts