Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

Factory Defects

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sjn2176 
#1 ·
I’ve scoured the internet, YouTube and this forum and have been unable to find a single thing about factory defects in Sheetrock. The stuff I just bought at Lowes has a lump on about every other panel - some close to the size of a hand. They clearly were made at the factory as they are pressed into the panel and paper.

The sheets are already on the walls. The protrusions are probably a 1/16 raised off the panel. Should I feather them in (big feather) or cut them out and fill. Should I tape them if the latter ?

I’d sure appreciate any help someone with some experience can provide.

Thanks - Jake

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for responding. I have maybe 20 sheets on this small job so making a claim won’t make sense. Assume best way to fix is to cut out the hump and just patch with mud and tape?

The most interesting thing to me is there seems to be literally no mention of this on the internet. Am I the only one ever to get some factory humps in their drywall sheets ? These are clearly some sort of depression in the plates or belts used in the manufacturing process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.