Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do a lot of patch work using 20, sometimes the paint retards the drying time of the hot mud. Making us wait twice as long till we can wet sand it. Seems most common with fresh paint. Does anyone have a solution to this? I've tried dry sanding it before patching, using usg accelerator. Dirty water to mix and the same result. Any ideas or solutions would be helpful

·
master of drywall
1,013 Posts
We do a lot of patch work using 20, sometimes the paint retards the drying time of the hot mud. Making us wait twice as long till we can wet sand it. Seems most common with fresh paint. Does anyone have a solution to this? I've tried dry sanding it before patching, using usg accelerator. Dirty water to mix and the same result. Any ideas or solutions would be helpful
You have a great point its so annoying the compound time is up its hard as a rock in the bucket yet wet on the wall......how is this for wierd the other day i coated a rock texture wall with cornice cement 45 where it was thick on the wall it was dry and where is was thin over high spots was wet paint is retarted

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried heating the surface up first...I have tried dusting it with kilz no significant change. I'll try just bout anything. we usually result in blow drying it which I hate...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts