Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
been there done that...hands down..THE EDGE.....about 10k...U.S. funds..everything you need for framing/drywall/acoustics in a easy format,digital board or on screen take-off(the only way to go as you are not buying drawings anymore)....8hrs training included... even a computor sloth like myself was up to speed....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guy's , I am a new Contrator and Member to the site, I am looking for some advise on buying the correct texture machine and the correct software for bidding, Drywall and Metal stud Framing. I need a soft ware that can estimate wall finishes and framing and drywall.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i've used Take-Off live but its very limited. If its just for take-offs its decent and cheap. You can design a spreadsheet in XL and use them together spend an extra 600 and you get Planswift which is EXCELLENT for the money.

·
Contractor
1 Posts
We use The EDGE

We use The EDGE and it's THE BEST. Everything you need is included in the initial purchase, instead of having to buy separate downloads for take-off, estimating, and project management. It didn't take very long for our software to pay for itself. I'll mention too, their support people were very patient with us, and seemed genuinly interested in customizing the software to our company so we could use it to its full potential. I recommend The Edge to anyone, at least check it out. It did wonders for my business.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
DWcontracting....you are absolutely correct about the Edge...have you thrown away the digitizer board and started using the on-screen method...saves on printing big time....although for a complicated project i still order half size drawings just for the final page flip and detail reviews...this kind of upsets the younger estimators as they say its redundant.. but this old dog sleeps better at night

·
Registered
188 Posts
If anyone wants to get set up with Planswift, which I personally highly recommend. Feel free to get in touch with me! :yes: Ill give you the down low and get you set up so you can start estimating right away!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am looking for a good estimating software. What do you use and why?
For commercial jobs from steel framing to drywall, taping, t-bar
Want an estimating program that was developed by drywallers? Check out Estimating Software Solutions' 'The Drywall Estimator'. I designed it. It won't cost you thousands of dollars. It's server based and you can run it from any computer anywhere.

www.estimatingsoftware.com

It bids the way we workers think. It's simply the best value in the drywall industry.

Al Jones aka FabFour

·
Registered
81 Posts
We use PlanSwift for our material take off. We built two parts that do all of our framing, drywall and T-bar material take off. Super easy and clean. I'd send someone a copy of the part for the right price (As long as you don't live in southwest MO). Doesn't do any cost estimating, just footages. Has a scrap calculation... Kickers... Insulation. Just a series of check boxes and blanks for wall heights.

We do all of our actual estimating in QuickBooks. We use memorized estimate templates with all the basic formulas and default wording all ready to go. We use the QuickBooks groups feature pretty heavily to hide all the detail on the printed estimate.

I tried UDA to connect PlanSwift and QuickBooks. Didn't work. Looked wonderful, but didn't quite cut it. Pretty glitchy. I uninstalled the software and asked for my money back. They refused and continued to charge our credit card a few hundred a month. I'm disputing it right now. It's to bad. It looked like it had potential.

I'm using SmartSheet.com and DropBox.com for all of my project management and calendar stuff. I have smartsheet set to sync my open purchase order list (QuickBooks) with my project manager's iphone calendars. It's not totally automated, but pretty close. Overall, I have a pretty sweet set up. Took me a lot of time and money to figure it out, but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.