Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Community,

There is a small section near the tub (pics below) that has some water damage. I'm wondering if I should cut out and replace with new piece, or if I should scrape it, seal it with some shellac based primer/sealer (or something other), mud it, and paint. What do you think? Although I would prefer the latter, I'm leaning towards putting a new piece (8 x 8 or there about). I don't know if it's too damaged to mud over. Or any other ideas? Thanks

Michael

P.S. There is definitely damage to the gypsum in the top right area.

Attachments

Registered
depends on how soft the wall board is really. is it plaster or drywall? if its still solid then you can just mud it back in. if its not it gota come out. to do it rite that is. sure, there are remodeler trix like window foam and stuff. but its not that hard to replace a piece.

to me it looks like wood trim below?

Premium Member
Drywall contractor
Hi Community
Hi Community,

There is a small section near the tub (pics below) that has some water damage. I'm wondering if I should cut out and replace with new piece, or if I should scrape it, seal it with some shellac based primer/sealer (or something other), mud it, and paint. What do you think? Although I would prefer the latter, I'm leaning towards putting a new piece (8 x 8 or there about). I don't know if it's too damaged to mud over. Or any other ideas? Thanks

Michael

Stain killer

Michael

Premium Member
Drywall contractor
After you shellac stain kill it mix up 5 minute in flexible drywall pan 1 coat flex out hard mud mix again flex it it out bam cash machine flexible mud pan it鈥檚 for sale everywhere online

1 - 12 of 12 Posts