Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello, my name is Steve, I am an alcoholic and a drug addict and, with that, I will pass.

No more 28 day programs for me..... Rehab is for QUITTERS!

·
Quality Hangers
460 Posts
uhhh...does it count if you drink energy drinks along with your booze?:whistling2:

But seriously....my first drywall boss was a hardcore alcoholic...pick me up promptly at 7:30-9:30 AM and back at the bar by 1PM reliably! Builders never had a problem wondering where HE was!

The next guy I did consistent work for was a little better....we hit the job by 6AM and worked til 5PM or so but he would cause an 11 car pileup getting that van into the liquor store parking lot less than 3 minutes off the job.

Almost every helper or hanger we've had was a drunk,functioning alcoholic,pillhead,junkie or candy freak....it's sad...

My Dad was a mechanic..EXcellent mechanic but couldn't put down that beer bottle. I followed in his footsteps fast...at 14 I was already a weekend washout...I woke up one morning when I was 17 and said "ENOUGH"...I do drink socially but I like a little self control in my life.
Now my addictions are: Coffee,Cigs,T*ts,Scifi,**** and most of all Music....LOOOOUUUUUD Music....not in that order....

The last 6 years or so are almost enough to make me wanna crawl back in that bottle but my family doesn't deserve the person I am when I stay polluted.

·
Just a taper
303 Posts
I dont drink much, bought a 6 pack of bud lite back in September, still have one left in the fridge but ....
I GOTTA have my smokes and coffee!
Started smoking at 18, 41 now and haven't quit.
So I figure the cancer will get me sooner or later.

We all have our habits I guess

Now ..where did I put my damn smokes:thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have never tasted alcohol or smoked a cigarette or taken any drugs. None of that has ever appealed to me.

·
Drywall Contractor
39 Posts
I have never tasted alcohol or smoked a cigarette or taken any drugs. None of that has ever appealed to me.
Are you the guy that rocks churches for free to? You probably save alot of money though.

I'm convinced there's is an additive either in the board,the mud, the dust or the beer. Because nothing makes a cold beer taste any better than the end of a day of sanding.:drink:

"Pssst" - The sound a beer bottle or can makes in a text message.

I get 2-3 of those a day from other crews.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you the guy that rocks churches for free to? You probably save alot of money though.

I'm convinced there's is an additive either in the board,the mud, the dust or the beer. Because nothing makes a cold beer taste any better than the end of a day of sanding.:drink:

"Pssst" - The sound a beer bottle or can makes in a text message.

I get 2-3 of those a day from other crews.

Sorry, I'm an atheist.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Drywall is right next to Drug Testing in the Yellow Pages.
Never seen a drywaller that didn't drink, smoke pot or otherwise try to lighten the days work load at home....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts