Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 27697

"Every year, thousands of local and national trade shows offer opportunities for contractors, potential customers and product developers to meet face-to-face. The beauty of a trade show is that you can not only compare numerous companies’ products, prices and services, you have the opportunity to develop mutually beneficial relationships with new customers and fellow contractors." Attend a Homebuilding Trade Show
Do you attend any trade shows?

Why? Why not?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
View attachment 27697

Do you attend any trade shows?

Why? Why not?
Back in the early 80's my Dad and I flew to Orange county (LA) and attended a trade show across from Disneyland and were back home to eat dinner that night. I saw Fastmask L metal for the first time where it has an edge to finish to and then peel it off.

Mostly, drywall salesmen would come to the shop to show us new products. I've been taken to Lake Tahoe for shows and numerous ocean fishing trips sponsored by suppliers. When you order 100k worth of materials you become their best friend.

·
Drywall Contractor
740 Posts
Not sure there is enough innovation to advance the drywall business to warrant even going to one. Things really haven't changed much over the past 50 years with tools or materials and probably won't for the next 50.......or will it......

·
bmitch
494 Posts
even at the local level I enjoy checking out these home shows.I always see some new innovative idea.As long as it's related to construction I'm interested.I'm looking forward to attending the Intex expo in New Orleans in april .

·
Master Mud Monkey
164 Posts
It sounds nice but after a show or two it's just people trying to sell you materials instead of you really learning anything. I'd say if you really can afford to waste time go to one. After that it's not really worth it.

·
General Contractor
23 Posts
It's not really a priority of ours. We mostly use the internet for looking for materials and so forth.

If it's in our city or neighboring city, we might consider it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
trade shows

Yes, It is a good place to introduce your new products or services, talk face to face to final customers, and also see in one same place what the competition offers.:thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, It is a good place to introduce your new products or services, talk face to face to final customers, and also see in one same place what the competition offers.:thumbup:
I agree, good place to see face to face other competitors and their offers. Can probably pull ideas in for specials and what not too. You should have an intention for attending or being a vendor at a tradeshow. People have different opinions but it's money and time either way so make sure it benefits you.

Home Drywall & Painting
http://homedrywallandconstruction.com
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts