Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
I can't help but to think, what will happen when that steel backbone starts to rust. And It's starting to rust right now!:yes: Reminds me of the old DIY corner tape with the two metal bands .
Read the last line of the Product Description in the link I posted to Van - "Waterproof, Rustproof".

And we know manufacturers don't lie or embellish the truth. :whistling2:

But in this instance, if you saw how the spine was wrapped/coated - ie. the 'blue' showing in the pic in the link....

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
BTW...Good to hear from you JM Missed seeing you around!
Thanks, moore. Been really busy, but things slowing down a bit, now. Gives me time to get back to finessing my 'ultimate' taping tools that I've been going on about. A promise: This is the year (next 2-3 months(?)) you guys will get a chance to see some of the things they can do.

·
drywall slave
10,565 Posts
Thanks, moore. Been really busy, but things slowing down a bit, now. Gives me time to get back to finessing my 'ultimate' taping tools that I've been going on about. A promise: This is the year (next 2-3 months(?)) you guys will get a chance to see some of the things they can do.
yeah.yeah.yeah. :whistling2:

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts
What bead did you use Van? What was your way? Looks great! [as always!]
I hit the sides with sheetrock beads!
Then I fused under the curved parts then I got some of that flex tape with the metal strips and slice it down the middle and use that to make my arch!:thumbsup:
Done it for years with no probs!:thumbup:
Over here a buddy has to improvise!;)

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Well just give us something ! I keep hearing about it but haven't seen what I'ts even remotely about. Is it the new and improved corner spoon?
The 2nd thing I especially like about you, moore - you're so huggable. :rolleyes: ;)

I said it was the 'ultimate' taping tools - what more do you want? Actual specs? I'll tell while showing some things in video.

But to give a couple thoughts:

The taping part of it should prove to be 'the godzooka of bazookas', for reasons I'll explain/show later. Then there's things for coating flats, angles.

My 'finessing' this week has to do with putting together some things I already have with some things I got off the net a few weeks ago, but haven't really had time to do much with because of work and other time eaters. It's to make the systems self-loading when wanted - self-loading in a practical way - which should be nice for especially bigger jobs where guys are running auto tools. It should work, just don't know how well it'll handle thick mud. Might have to tweak that part some. Or maybe not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hit the sides with sheetrock beads!
Then I fused under the curved parts then I got some of that flex tape with the metal strips and slice it down the middle and use that to make my arch!:thumbsup:
Done it for years with no probs!:thumbup:
Over here a buddy has to improvise!;)
I always did that two:thumbsup:

Don't like that type of metal angle tape, I use arrow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If he is using mesh on the butts they have to be pealed, Double meshed, and first coat has to be a setting type packed into the joint. Make him use paper lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
How long is the wall this is happening on? Pretty sure 50 ft. Is the limit, anything over that will need a control joint.... because everything moves as the temperature fluctuates..... expands during warming, and contracts during cooling.... believe it or not pex plumbing grows an inch with a 20 deg. Or so temperature change for every 100 ft

141 - 159 of 159 Posts