Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wallboard Tools Australia
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new clip demonstrating the Tapepro Cornice Heads on YouTube. I know it's not for everyone but in Australia and NZ Cornice or Cove is still a popular item. These heads are also another accessory for the Tapepro Compound Applicator Tube and really speed up the Coving process. The clip was filmed in a small boxy room but still demonstrates the advantages quite well.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Thanks for the video Tom and Jim!
Very neat applicator head! I might have to pick one up too.
Moulding aren't as popular in my neck of the woods but maybe I can try selling them :thumbsup:
I myself really like the look.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Here's a new clip demonstrating the Tapepro Cornice Heads on YouTube. I know it's not for everyone but in Australia and NZ Cornice or Cove is still a popular item. These heads are also another accessory for the Tapepro Compound Applicator Tube and really speed up the Coving process. The clip was filmed in a small boxy room but still demonstrates the advantages quite well.
Using the Tapepro Cornice Heads - YouTube
You make it look too easy :thumbsup:
I just got the same tube, thanks for the tip removing the air :thumbsup:
My cornice head is a "Cobok" and it looks identical to your Tapepro head (except the colour), are they the same beasty? or do they all look similar.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Kiwiman was a great Kiwi invention that was originally black in colour and named Cobok. Tapepro got hold of it and jazzed it up with an improved design, a higher quality material and a similar connection as other Tapepro tools. So your Cobok is now a collectors item, but will last a long time I'd think :yes:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
So who made the green cornice heads jswain, I got a 55mm 75mm and 90mm as a set second hand a while back, They are green plastic, The 55mm was a bit worn and hammered so i got a 55mm cobok, Its a better style, We have 50mm cove here, So i will try and make the green 55mm head a 50mm head one day. I happened apon a 75mm cobok as well.

Wish the cobok popped on as easy as your cornice head, I have to really lean on mine and push weight into it, I should grind some out i guess, I think i was told to heat gun it then fit it onto the tube, I havent had the nerve, I dont want to ruin it, Are the tapepro heads held on with a wire clip?? The green heads i have are, But the cobok is solid plastic.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am pretty sure that was a design promoted by NZCDS and another Kiwi invention. Was more of a cube shape than the Tapepro Cornice Heads.
Also another connection trick for the Cobok type head is place the head on the floor and fit the tube into it. Clicks in easier that way but can be a bit messy!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Am pretty sure that was a design promoted by NZCDS and another Kiwi invention. Was more of a cube shape than the Tapepro Cornice Heads.
Also another connection trick for the Cobok type head is place the head on the floor and fit the tube into it. Clicks in easier that way but can be a bit messy!
Thats what i have to do, Put a bucket lid on the ground with the cobok on it, Put the CP tube in it and shove like all hell.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Seen that clip and posted it a few times on dwt jswain, I have talked to the guy in this clip, I had a can am, Got a cobok, Guess what, It didnt fit, So i needed a ball end for the can am, NZCDS tauranga had some made, Thats were the boks were made and i think the guy in this clip had something to do with it. Makes it look easy dosent he, Helps if your tall and have a huge reach like him.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
our comp tubes are not that bulky
Those TapePro's or BlueLine's in the states are actually amazing tubes. I have one I got from Trim-Tex and I couldn't be happier with it.
Great tool!!

Everything is bigger over here.:whistling2:
We cant help it if you cant handle a bit of bulk:D.
:thumbsup:

·
Master Plasterer
193 Posts
Using the Tapepro Cornice Heads - YouTube
Yes thats the way its done,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts