Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started doing sheetrock and drywall and learning about applying the tape to the corners. So I spackle the corners, then place the folded tape onto them and then spackling over it and letting it dry. I was just wondering if I can use that 3M spray adhesive to place the tape in the corners. I feel like it will be much easier, neater and cleaner, but of course it's probably wrong because nobody is doing it any other way. Just curious though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just started doing sheetrock and drywall and learning about applying the tape to the corners. So I spackle the corners, then place the folded tape onto them and then spackling over it and letting it dry. I was just wondering if I can use that 3M spray adhesive to place the tape in the corners. I feel like it will be much easier, neater and cleaner, but of course it's probably wrong because nobody is doing it any other way. Just curious though.
[/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't do that. Mud em up, place tape , press tape period!
I hear ya.. I'm doing that.. especially since it's not my job or company .. but do you have a reason why not? Do you think the adhesive will weaken after years?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hear ya.. I'm doing that.. especially since it's not my job or company .. but do you have a reason why not? Do you think the adhesive will weaken after years?
[/Q
I assume it will dry out and loosen, would like to hear others thoughts on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts