Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Yes. Boxes and anglebox.
Nice. Ya i know you've always been a blueline guy. Im actually surprised you never had a bazooka until recently. I always forget you didnt use one because you still use all the other auto tools.
Ya i'll have to give Blueline/Tapepro a shot as well! Maybe pick up a few tools

·
Wannabe Woodworker
2,041 Posts
You will be very happy with and if not you can ship them off to me:whistling2: JK.

Reactions: PrecisionTaping

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Adjustable handles are heavy and have to many parts that break too easy.
To give Brussy more on this:

Chris could be right about adjustable handles being heavy and breaking. There's been complaints on here from some over some brands.

That's why I chose a Columbia Hydra. Their patented hydraulic system seems to keep working (unless you maybe do like 2buck did and take the lid off the reservoir and get some air in the line).

It's also supposed to be the lightest extendable handle on the market. The willow of a girl I once trained didn't seem to have trouble with it, when using a 10" FatBoy along with a 12" std.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy an extendable as my 'go-to' handle. It's more than paid for itself by being able to adjust its length for differing conditions on a job.

Mine is an older model of this one: http://www.columbiatools.com/automa...ing-drywall/columbia-flat-box-handle/ebh.html

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Nice. Ya i know you've always been a blueline guy. Im actually surprised you never had a bazooka until recently. I always forget you didnt use one because you still use all the other auto tools.
Maybe you could buy them from Australia, and get them posted with your dinner :jester:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Ive tried tape pro and so far im impressed. I bought a 42" tapepro compound tube and it is great. Very smooth and it seems like it holds and endless supply of mud. The ball handle is also a nice change from a conventional shaft

·
Registered
699 Posts
I just picked up a 36" tapepro tube and that thing is smooth. So much nicer than the can ams. The big ball end makes it way easier to pull when your hand are slippery and it fits my angle heads. I

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts
I just picked up a 36" tapepro tube and that thing is smooth. So much nicer than the can ams. The big ball end makes it way easier to pull when your hand are slippery and it fits my angle heads. I
I also got a 36 tapepro tube on Monday!
Not tried running internals with the 2.5 head yet but I will!:thumbsup:

·
Icerock drywall facebook
2,468 Posts
I got to use one at tt for one run...works good but I like my D handle a lot more...someday I will pick up a tapepro tube not for the big ball but the I like the tube because the tube is fatter ...I will change the tip end to my tip ....the end I will leave...I like the end and the ball will be removed...not to a D handle I have something NEW:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hoping to get some fresh perspective so please feel free to give tons of advice. We buy and remodel & sometime build new homes, and I have always hired a drywall company to finish, but I am finding more & more the expense & finish I am not happy with and end up having to touch up, patch & repair what I have been paying to have done. We are very rural Canada, drywall companies are few & far between so I want to try buying my own automatic taping tools, & giving it a try myself. I have read as much as I can and watched videos until my eyes are sore, but I still need some professional advice. What tapping automatic taping tools are absolutely a must have, and what brand is the best or most durable & reliable. I already do all my own texturing so I have that equipment. I am looking for flat boxes, automatic taper, angle boxes, nail spotters, flushers, pumps, corner rollers, handles the works. I am also a woman so I am slightly concerned with weight, and ease of use. And if you know an online store, with the best prices please share. I just really don't want to take a salespersons word for everything. Thanks so much for your help.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hoping to get some fresh perspective so please feel free to give tons of advice. We buy and remodel & sometime build new homes, and I have always hired a drywall company to finish, but I am finding more & more the expense & finish I am not happy with and end up having to touch up, patch & repair what I have been paying to have done. We are very rural Canada, drywall companies are few & far between so I want to try buying my own automatic taping tools, & giving it a try myself. I have read as much as I can and watched videos until my eyes are sore, but I still need some professional advice. What tapping automatic taping tools are absolutely a must have, and what brand is the best or most durable & reliable. I already do all my own texturing so I have that equipment. I am looking for flat boxes, automatic taper, angle boxes, nail spotters, flushers, pumps, corner rollers, handles the works. I am also a woman so I am slightly concerned with weight, and ease of use. And if you know an online store, with the best prices please share. I just really don't want to take a salespersons word for everything. Thanks so much for your help.:D You can visit this homefurnitureadviser.com and get a lot of information
I just bought a reel of 2" flusher. Came with all the tape. Haven't used the thing yet because I got a roll of all roll large enough to do everything I need in one go. I guess I don't know if it's worth it to buy one or not. $35 is a decent price for tape, I guess, but it's a new kind of tape, and not easy to find... I can only find it at One on One Supply in Waupaca, WI. They are my local supplier because they deliver, and they're reasonable on price, and I trust them.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts