Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get the width of a bucket piston for the tube!:yes:
Well I'm f*cked if I can get it!:( Our buckets over here can be dif from u guys buckets so I was wondering on size of the thing!
Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used my gooseneck to fill my tube the other day, worked a treat. Much cleaner than the dunk and suck method.
All my tube work is done the same day as the zooking so it works out good for me, but those bucket Pistons do look neat. If only someone stocked them over here....

·
Drunken Bum!
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used my gooseneck to fill my tube the other day, worked a treat. Much cleaner than the dunk and suck method.
All my tube work is done the same day as the zooking so it works out good for me, but those bucket Pistons do look neat. If only someone stocked them over here....
Yea gooseneck for me also!
But I like new things to try and not fond of the dunk and suck!
Well that depends on who I'm dunking and who's sucking me!!:thumbup: LOL
The Gyproc pails fit the cubes perfect,And Lafarge would b about the same I guess? But would the bucket piston fit 1 of them? I don't think it!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
When I first read this I wondered what in the hell is a bucket piston, but I think you're referring to what we call a mud pump? Our bucket dimensions are 14" (356 mm) deep, and 11" (279 mm) wide.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Its quite handy, But it needs runny mud to work effectively, I tend you use it on smaller jobs when I don't get the pump out, I fill of the pump itself and the gooseneck as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Does this help Vanman, The sides will bend up to suit many different size and tapered buckets.
Looks to be a touch over 28cm? I'm viewing through the app which keeps the pics rather small. :(

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Yea gooseneck for me also!
But I like new things to try and not fond of the dunk and suck!
Well that depends on who I'm dunking and who's sucking me!!:thumbup: LOL
The Gyproc pails fit the cubes perfect,And Lafarge would b about the same I guess? But would the bucket piston fit 1 of them? I don't think it!
tooooo much information

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use a 10 gallon bucket most of the time... two boxs at a time. and why do you pump mud into a pump. one pull and your done with a tube.
Was quicker and cleaner for me, plus the pump and gooseneck are al ready in the bucket so no big deal.
I'm sure the piston makes life easier but filling straight from the bucket was slow for me, plus messy.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I use a 10 gallon bucket most of the time... two boxs at a time. and why do you pump mud into a pump. one pull and your done with a tube.

talk to me in 20 years, see how your shoulders are doing, bout the stilts you wear, it is insta shock up the spine, I only wear them an hour at a time....

I figured I could run Redline till the day I died, faster than a mare and stronger than an ox.....

nearly died.....

·
Icerock drywall facebook
2,468 Posts
talk to me in 20 years, see how your shoulders are doing, bout the stilts you wear, it is insta shock up the spine, I only wear them an hour at a time....

I figured I could run Redline till the day I died, faster than a mare and stronger than an ox.....

nearly died.....
realy... no pain no gain !!! but I dont get any pain from pulling mud with my tube with my D handle :blink:

Attachments

·
Icerock drywall facebook
2,468 Posts
Was quicker and cleaner for me, plus the pump and gooseneck are al ready in the bucket so no big deal.
I'm sure the piston makes life easier but filling straight from the bucket was slow for me, plus messy.
mess...what mess and like I said before I dont like to bend over to get mud...wow 20 years of that you might hurt yourself ;)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
we will see:yes:
I could never understand the mentality of dragging around a bunch of extra stuff as saving time. You guys don't believe me, but I can nail on board faster than a screw gun, and tapers can finish faster with a hand pump vs a tube. Just my 2 cents.

I'll put it this way, a good framer with a hand saw is faster than a poor framer with a power saw. This goes back to a story about my brother working with his Norsk father in law who wouldn't allow a Skilsaw.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts