Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was looking at the plastic angle head that Tomg has doing the circuit (I have not had a chance to use it yet) and I noticed that it has a hole at the top to wash out any mud between the frames. So I got to thinking, that a real good idea. So out I went and checked out my angle heads.and surprise even though I clean them after each use there was crap between the frames. I bet if any of you checked your heads you cant compress them up till where they should close. So here comes the bit about being game. First of all I tackeled the 4" Tape worm as it has a plate on the top not like the northstar that is all part of the body. I took the plate off and drilled a hole in it. Then came the northstar, that required the removal of the frames, then once again out came the drill press. I used a 5mm bit on the Tapeworm and a 4.5mm bit on the northstar. Now all I have to do is my 2.5" Bonehead. Hopefully it makes a difference, it sure opens up access to an area that is usually hidden.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Wow gazman, Great spotting and clever tapepro ( I bet they fluked that), I might get game, Looks simple enough.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take it carefully it is not that hard. But do not use a hand drill. A drill press is a must.

·
Tapepro Drywall Tools
233 Posts
Finishers

Nice work with the drill gazman!
We've had a cleaning hole in our finishers for some time, but one of the benefits of the CFP is that you can remove the top piece if you end up with any dry compound behind the frames. Removing it should not alter the settings.
Dry compound here will put pressure on the frames and can cause the clip to spread and increased wear. This results in the point "opening up".

Also you can remove it to gain access to the grub screws at the point when adjusting the setting.

Cheers,
Tom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts