Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Master Mud Monkey
212 Posts
I have no clue what the sock is for the hose. I've never had much of an issue with keeping it clean, and the kinking is easy to deal with by having a z-swivel installed.

I own both Apla tech and ames continuous flow. The slimline boxes from Apla and the handles from Apla tech are superior to ames in my opinion. Apla tech is $8500 with a Graco Mark V, Ames is $18,500. If anyone needs any comparison info between the two systems, I can help you out
Your numbers are super off hah. A Graco mark 5 costs $6,649 USD alone.Alpa is about $11,000 usd Just bought the continous flow for $14,000 usd. I believe you about the boxes not much reason to have normal size boxes when you don't need to fill up manually and having bigger box let's you run longer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Cost of CFS Set

Your numbers are super off hah. A Graco mark 5 costs $6,649 USD alone.Alpa is about $11,000 usd Just bought the continous flow for $14,000 usd. I believe you about the boxes not much reason to have normal size boxes when you don't need to fill up manually and having bigger box let's you run longer.
That cost of our tools Terry stated for about $11,000 includes a Graco Mark V. Back when he might have bought them they were under $10,000 pump included.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll send some pics later today. As I said before, I think Apla tech has the best boxes and handles for CFS. So, I have their 10, 12 and their angle handle. Because I bought the Ames system first, I use the Ames pump to power both the Apla tech tools and the Ames tools. No need for a Mark V. Just like the conventional tools, I mix and match brands based on what I think are the best for each phase of finishing.

I have video of running Ames box on a huge Sams club job. Will try and get it to YouTube later on. Been super busy. Hope it helps......

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought the Apla-Tech Canon set up back in 2003 or 4. The coaters were junk unfortunately and it was not necessary to purchase the large pump as you can fill the Canon from a standard drywall pump, so my pump saw very little use. I bought the Cinta pump because it had a high filling nozzle and pumped more mud than a std drywall pump. I only now use the Canon for running internals and it is fast. I use Columbia Fat Boy boxes for my joints. I wasn't prepared to fork out for the new Box Canon and boxes when they came out, and to be honest, I don't enjoy taping anymore. I'd rather just hang the board and let someone else get dusty and covered in sh1t.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good to see the debate still rages between those that love the CFS system and those carrying grudges about older versions of tools that didn't perform as expected.

Having run CFS myself now for over the past 5 years I can say the tools are all still going strong. For maximum productivity, ergonomics, and quality - much like Terry, we use CFS to quickly get the mud on the wall in the right place then follow in behind to trace with a knife/trowel. We use a Mark V + hopper, the aplataper, apla box/corner handles, & Columbia boxes(10mm holes drilled in the plate - still work with regular handle) to tape, 1st and second coat, and 2nd coat corners. We pull it out for anything bigger than a reno.

Comments:
-would you rather drag a hose that is slightly more challenging to manage than an extension cord or carry buckets of mud all over the job site.
-your job site should be clean anyways because you're a professional(Google 5S clean)
-labourers run the tools, tradesmen touch up the work
-like any other complicated equipment maintenance and troubleshooting is required
-I have received awesome customer service since day 1 - thanks Dave!
-Bazooka Joe's epitaph will be "He hated Aplatech Coaters"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally!!! Glad to read that someone else has the insight and intelligence to utilize the incredible potential of a CFS system. I guarantee this person is successful in this business......

Watch out buddy, there's about to be a backlash!! Hahaha!! And don't talk price no matter what! They'll catch you if your price doesn't match what they say it costs.......these guys know it all.....lmfao

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Watch out buddy, there's about to be a backlash!! Hahaha!! And don't talk price no matter what! They'll catch you if your price doesn't match what they say it costs.......these guys know it all.....lmfao
That's an interesting change from how you ended your last post on this thread:

I have video of running Ames box on a huge Sams club job. Will try and get it to YouTube later on. Been super busy. Hope it helps......
So how did you make out with the video. & the pics you said you were going to send the day you made the post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It started to rub me the wrong way. I felt as if people were wanting me to prove something....and I'm at a point in life where I feel I don't have to prove anything to anyone. If the video Dave posted and all the info I've shared isn't enough help......then I don't know what to tell ya.....I pass the torch to the new guy that just posted. He definitely knows what he's talking about......

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Understood.

I was hoping for the video to in part deal with something similar - send a link to someone I was talking with yesterday about a couple big jobs coming up, that I've committed to helping with. I mentioned you and your Apla, and how a system like that could make sense for those jobs. When I said you were from New York (maybe should've said Buffalo, New York?) he said NY work is sh*t, and that was the end of discussion for him.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
It started to rub me the wrong way. I felt as if people were wanting me to prove something....and I'm at a point in life where I feel I don't have to prove anything to anyone. If the video Dave posted and all the info I've shared isn't enough help......then I don't know what to tell ya.....I pass the torch to the new guy that just posted. He definitely knows what he's talking about......
well it aint you we have no trust in Terry and we are not ordering you to do anything but we have been at witts end with Apla-tech, ya know virtually indestructible, lets face it profits are hard to come by in the drywall industry

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Understood.

I was hoping for the video to in part deal with something similar - send a link to someone I was talking with yesterday about a couple big jobs coming up, that I've committed to helping with. I mentioned you and your Apla, and how a system like that could make sense for those jobs. When I said you were from New York (maybe should've said Buffalo, New York?) he said NY work is sh*t, and that was the end of discussion for him.
work is **** wherever you have the most immigrants massive population, nothing against immigrants its just communication tends to be minimal, or have to have an interpreter, attitude or brought skill from home country, yes there is a lot of not so fine work out there

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Originally Posted by Bazooka-Joe
work is **** wherever you have the most immigrants massive population, nothing against immigrants its just communication tends to be minimal, or have to have an interpreter, attitude or brought skill from home country, yes there is a lot of not so fine work out there

Vote Trump!
facts

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Understood. Thanks, Joe.

The guy was over generalizing about NY work to make his point. I was hoping to show Terry putting out serious volume with acceptable quality to show that his NY reasoning had flaws.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Understood. Thanks, Joe.

The guy was over generalizing about NY work to make his point. I was hoping to show Terry putting out serious volume with acceptable quality to show that his NY reasoning had flaws.
yep.

seems D,s only shows up when there is a discussion about Junk-Tech thing is I dont believe anything he says and the last time he showed up he put out the same attitude, get over it man, we dont have to like Junk Tech if we dont want to.:rolleyes:

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Understood. Thanks, Joe.

Terry is a Baby and has been sniveling since he showed up, dave blew it with his junk and pissed the world off, D,s can bite it..
lets face it....

61 - 80 of 94 Posts