Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Master Mud Monkey
212 Posts
I was seriously tempted to buy a mark X but getting a 220 connection at every job wouod suck. The mark V is a bit weak but can spray. Problem is it over heats after a long day of spraying. I looked up everything from distributor boxes and 120 converterse but I just couldn't find a convenient way to have one hooked up.

·
Master Mud Monkey
212 Posts
wonder why no pull up from the bottom:blink:
From what I can tell the 'home made' drywall work speed videos on youtube always take some short cut here or there to make it look faster. The professional videos who try and show statistics from the work video are usually by the companies themselves. So he's skipping a step to make it look faster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That video was made by a customer named Terry Kavanagh out of the Buffalo, NY area. He sent me this video. I bought it from him to post. I will talk to him today and ask him to join this site so you can ask him your questions.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
It is cool! It's the best on the market, hands down. And I have used everything!! This is the best CFS box and angle system in the world. Period
that is an opinion of yours and is ok, thing is I cant see how its the best,

1 Customer consumer relations problems occurring in the past

2. Rep and company problems I heard from a Rep of only getting 5% after being promised !5%

3. Tool supplier says Ames has no fluid kick at start, note for angles and aplacator

4. myself had no reply back after buying the coaters for defect as misaligned coater

5. an appearance of a suppliers backroom of coaters coverd in dust, and the quote they will never deal with Apla-Tech

6 the virtually indestructible tubes, that I heard break.

7 the auto Taper head does not have tape sit on it properly, refer to Shannon Taping and constantly swinging taper to have tape sit on it right.

8. flow valve is not needed for angles and can be adjusted from pump

9. Most of us that had bought the coasters are not very happy at all,

10 Auto Taper Tape reel is weak

These are facts but to go through where some of the stuff works is not for me,

If your happy good for you and your opinion might be different if you went through what some of us went through,

I buy something I do not need any hastles as I am putting money in a companys bank (money is made from labor) lets face it profits are hard to come by in the DryWall industry)

Shelwyn just bought Ames we wait to hear his experience

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Ames as well. Spent $20,000 on that system with extra controllers Etc. You sound like a very bitter person with a lot of information from people who probably aren't very qualified in the CFS market. I have $40,000 invested in finishing equipment. I'm one of the most productive drywall finishers in the nation, some say in the world. I can tape 30,000 ft of board in 7 hrs. Can put 250 gallons of mud on in a 6 hr day. I am not worried about any of your facts, as I stated before, because I'm sure the people giving you this information are not very good at this or else their experience would be more similar to mine. I'm only saying that in my experience, with my abilities and talents, Apla tech has the best boxes and angles system for CFS finishing in the world. Furthermore, if anyone ever feels like a friendly competition, I'll race any one of you....any day of the week....that video shows me coating 760 sq ft of board in less that 2 minutes. You do the math. Put that in an 8-10 hr day. No offense, but it's pretty obvious to me that you're not very knowledgable or exeperiencened in CFS. If you were, you'd have your own videos and hands on experience to rival my facts/performance....not some ridiculous regurgitated Mumbo Jumbo from some folks who don't understand how to use tools of this capability and magnitude. Weird.....

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I have Ames as well. Spent $20,000 on that system with extra controllers Etc. You sound like a very bitter person with a lot of information from people who probably aren't very qualified in the CFS market. I have $40,000 invested in finishing equipment. I'm one of the most productive drywall finishers in the nation, some say in the world. I can tape 30,000 ft of board in 7 hrs. Can put 250 gallons of mud on in a 6 hr day. I am not worried about any of your facts, as I stated before, because I'm sure the people giving you this information are not very good at this or else their experience would be more similar to mine. I'm only saying that in my experience, with my abilities and talents, Apla tech has the best boxes and angles system for CFS finishing in the world. Furthermore, if anyone ever feels like a friendly competition, I'll race any one of you....any day of the week....that video shows me coating 760 sq ft of board in less that 2 minutes. You do the math. Put that in an 8-10 hr day. No offense, but it's pretty obvious to me that you're not very knowledgable or exeperiencened in CFS. If you were, you'd have your own videos and hands on experience to rival my facts/performance....not some ridiculous regurgitated Mumbo Jumbo from some folks who don't understand how to use tools of this capability and magnitude. Weird.....[/QUO

bitter no, should reread, if you are happy good.....

Wait for Shelwyn to give us an opinion of Ames

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I have Ames as well. Spent $20,000 on that system with extra controllers Etc. You sound like a very bitter person with a lot of information from people who probably aren't very qualified in the CFS market. I have $40,000 invested in finishing equipment. I'm one of the most productive drywall finishers in the nation, some say in the world. I can tape 30,000 ft of board in 7 hrs. Can put 250 gallons of mud on in a 6 hr day. I am not worried about any of your facts, as I stated before, because I'm sure the people giving you this information are not very good at this or else their experience would be more similar to mine. I'm only saying that in my experience, with my abilities and talents, Apla tech has the best boxes and angles system for CFS finishing in the world. Furthermore, if anyone ever feels like a friendly competition, I'll race any one of you....any day of the week....that video shows me coating 760 sq ft of board in less that 2 minutes. You do the math. Put that in an 8-10 hr day. No offense, but it's pretty obvious to me that you're not very knowledgable or exeperiencened in CFS. If you were, you'd have your own videos and hands on experience to rival my facts/performance....not some ridiculous regurgitated Mumbo Jumbo from some folks who don't understand how to use tools of this capability and magnitude. Weird.....
your vocab is mumbo jumbo

1 - 20 of 94 Posts