Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Drywall King!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PM me and I will send you the code, its unlimited. Yes I know they don't sell the best paint, but you can't beat there primer in one for painting temp. barricades in the malls, or even new drywall. 2 coats hold up well. I'm a ben. moore guy, but until they create a primer in paint type setup, who is going to be a sucker and prime then go back to paint.

·
The Drywall King!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have primer and paint, it's called aura and also regal select
Really, I never knew Aura had primer in it. I painted some Satin Aura before, which is considered top of the line. How much you get 5's of Aura in flat or eggshell for interior.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Really, I never knew Aura had primer in it. I painted some Satin Aura before, which is considered top of the line. How much you get 5's of Aura in flat or eggshell for interior.
Frig me! They used to be so expensive!
I remember like 4 years back they were $80 a gallon! I was like wtf!?!?
Now they've come down in price a bit but they're still too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would still prime and 2 coat I've never really liked the prime&paint as for Benjamin Moore Cloverdale and general paint produce just as good paint aura is to think so you have to thin it for a nicer brush finish

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had to buy a gallon of aura to match a job a little while ago, reg. price was $78, that's flipping insane. As for why prime, maybe cause a gallon of that prime and paint in one costs more than a fiver of good high hide primer. In my opinion new drywall needs prime and two coats in order to achieve a nice finish. If you want two coats just tint the primer, I just looked at a job where they tinted it a fairly dark beige and sprayed, then the ceiling was primed white and textured, it resulted in one of the worst looking ceilings I've seen you could see the over spray around the perimeter of the entire ceiling.
But the house was only supposed to get like 900000 so really what do you expect

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would never pay that much for a gallon of paint .... I'm glad I am also a painter Sask next time you need primer let me know I use Cloverdale and general paint as I stated before my price will shock you lol ..... General paint tints the drywall sealer with couple drops of black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.