Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
sounds like some are sniveling around here, I aint dumb enough to over pay for a tool when another competitor sells for less, and to sum it up for all if your stupid enough to buy that way have at her,

Moore not fair my last shipment of Taco sauce from you has kept me stocked thanks for the concern...

·
Registered
327 Posts
All my g2 stuff worked great rite outa the box. The angle heads are SWEET. The boxes run very nice but I don't care for the plastic blade carrier they run way nicer than my tapetechs

·
Registered
3,507 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok so if I were to go with the columbia set is it worth the little extra money to get the hardened series from wall tools. I think it adds like maybe an extra 150 to 200$. Or just save that cash.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Ok so if I were to go with the columbia set is it worth the little extra money to get the hardened series from wall tools. I think it adds like maybe an extra 150 to 200$. Or just save that cash.
Personally, save that cash.
I even have the Hardened. It's cool and all, but I'm pretty sure their virtually the same bazooka. Save the cash, put it towards something else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks to the DWT community, I have organized a few folks to use our tools for several weeks or however long is necessary to give them time to assess. Just looking for honesty in looking at the value we offer. The finishers who I spoke to were great and I am sure they will do a fair assessment. No interference from us, we're just sending out the tools.

I agree all lines of tools are good and generally the same. Our goal is to put value in the hands of the finisher in these competitive times. We won't be everyones favorite, but we'll have our place.

Thank you again for the quick responses!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes PrecisionTaping, 5 years on materials and workmanship is the warranty, mis-typed that one. Always want to take care of the customer!!

Thanks for the correction!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Level 5 Flat Boxes

Level5 have they done away with the plastic on the boxes and gone back to brass?
Level 5 has changed their flat box design that now is a brass blade holder like the other major brands. The Level 5 brass blade assembly fits most major brands including TapeTech for less than half the price!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased a level 5 angle box from Al's.
We haven't had an issue with it. Works just like TT and Tape masters.

I was a bit concerned at first because it was cheaper, but it work out for us. :D

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
We just purchased a level 5 angle box from Al's.
We haven't had an issue with it. Works just like TT and Tape masters.

I was a bit concerned at first because it was cheaper, but it work out for us. :D
NICE TO HEAR, I bought a Tape tech pump and someone on here says it is discontinued, I am open minded but hey some stuff I been through with tool companies, like play with my mind after you take my cash:blink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Level 5 pump if it's the same as mine. It takes it awhile to prime. Like the disks are stuck. But I clean mine almost every use. Maybe if I left mud in it it would be fine

·
Registered
285 Posts
NICE TO HEAR, I bought a Tape tech pump and someone on here says it is discontinued, I am open minded but hey some stuff I been through with tool companies, like play with my mind after you take my cash:blink:
My partner had one of the new TT bazooka pumps and he hated it. He called TT and told them it was junk and they sent him a regular pump and told him to keep the old one also for his troubles. I have an older TT 12" box and an easy roll angle head that work fine but there is no way in hell I would buy any of their new tools. But that's just me, I'm a Columbia man!!

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
My partner had one of the new TT bazooka pumps and he hated it. He called TT and told them it was junk and they sent him a regular pump and told him to keep the old one also for his troubles. I have an older TT 12" box and an easy roll angle head that work fine but there is no way in hell I would buy any of their new tools. But that's just me, I'm a Columbia man!!
seen the 2 burrito's run TT, they just rolled down the wall , paint peeled of it and the zook was silver, I was having years of probs with another brand, I bought TT, been 2 years with not one prob :D

Thanks for the TT tip Mcman

41 - 60 of 78 Posts