Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
dont tint your mud blue for over ;)priced tools
Tinting my mud blue had nothing to do with the product or video I was filming.
We just like working with Nevermiss.
I'd still be using my nevermiss now had I not left like 20 bottle outside in the snow....they're frozen solid now...
I don't think they're still good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The only noticeable difference between them and the goldblatts is the blades on the boxes. I have been using the goldblatts for about 3 years and nothing has needed repair. The taper runs smoother than any other I've tried. The nail spotters are far to stiff. I'd recommend them to anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I'd still be using my nevermiss now had I not left like 20 bottle outside in the snow....they're frozen solid now...
I had a small bottle of blue, it froze and separated. Couldn't get it to re-mix. Have a bottle of yellow that froze and doesn't appear to have separated.... time will tell.

I don't use it often.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I found the never-miss cut down on the pocking, made lap marks more visible so they were much easier to see while pole sanding, and is great if you are doing a large patch job with a bunch of stuff here and there(especially on white paint).

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
sounds like a politicians speech:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Back to these Level 5 products....
The thought of buying a bazooka for 800$ is very appealing to me...
I am curious to know how well they operate. Or how bad.
Does anybody actually have one of these?
Because if they are even remotely on par with the competition, that's pretty massive savings.
I know that's a far cry from post #5 where I said they're garbage, but that was also based on what I knew about them 6-7 years ago. I mean, they went from Goldblatt, to G2, to Level 5, clearly they've undergone some changes. Does this mean the tools are better? I don't know.
But it would be worth looking into to compare.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Back to these Level 5 products....
The thought of buying a bazooka for 800$ is very appealing to me...
I am curious to know how well they operate. Or how bad.
Does anybody actually have one of these?
Because if they are even remotely on par with the competition, that's pretty massive savings.
I know that's a far cry from post #5 where I said they're garbage, but that was also based on what I knew about them 6-7 years ago. I mean, they went from Goldblatt, to G2, to Level 5, clearly they've undergone some changes. Does this mean the tools are better? I don't know.
But it would be worth looking into to compare.
I agree I would like to find out how they compare to the other brands. I need these tools to last me a long time. I see they have a 3year warranty compared to 5 with the others. Im just afraid I would buy them and totally regret it and be stuck. Or I would buy them they would be great for 6months or so and then would start showing there problems.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I agree I would like to find out how they compare to the other brands. I need these tools to last me a long time. I see they have a 3year warranty compared to 5 with the others. Im just afraid I would buy them and totally regret it and be stuck. Or I would buy them they would be great for 6months or so and then would start showing there problems.
Well I can vouch for Columbia. You'll spend a little more than you would on Level 5's, but 5years, hell, 10 years down the road you're not going to be regretting it, thinking to yourself "Geez! I wish I had bought those level 5's instead of Columbia".
I can guarantee you that.

"I should have bought Level 5 taping tools instead of Columbia taping tools" said nobody, ever.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well I can vouch for Columbia. You'll spend a little more than you would on Level 5's, but 5years, hell, 10 years down the road you're not going to be regretting it, thinking to yourself "Geez! I wish I had bought those level 5's instead of Columbia".
I can guarantee you that.

"I should have bought Level 5 taping tools instead of Columbia taping tools" said nobody, ever.
Yeah think thats good advice, I will be going with columbia. Like you said I know I will be glad I did.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
From personal experience, the 2 Columbia tapers I've had my hands on, PAs "New" one and the old one he rebuilt and gave away, both ran like silk!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Level 5 is finishpro and goldblatt, Watch these and you decide, They are a tape tech copy and all parts interchangeable.

People say this or that zooka is better, Maybe, but it depends on the user and how competent they are with it, Watch the second clip of one getting used.

Yes I have one, And it goes nice, No problems but I also have an old tapetech as well I fixed up, Also goes nice, I like how they are both the same zooka, Keep in mind this is a 2006 clip, There are a few new features on zookas that may appeal now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isdQc4diTfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNRGLCiMOSU

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I have the Level 5 angleheads, They are nice sized heads, The 2.5 is more like a 2, The 3.5 is more like a 3.75 as apposed to some other 3.5 angleheads that are more like a 3. And I also have the 4 inch head, All seemed to work well out of the box.

I thought they may have been inferior angleheads so decided to get some dms, The 2.5 and the 3.5, Both cost a mint, Both came in a box with a checked and quality control signed paper which was bollocks because both were set all out of whack.

The level 5 handles worked well but I like the extendable option handles, The level 5 were fixed handles.

The 7 box went well, the 10 and 12 had plastic blades with only 3 settings I didn't like much, But the box itself and rubber gasket was fine, They are now brass holders again I think.

It depends on your finances and your situation, If you can afford the better brands go for it, If not and you want the tools to try they arnt a complete right off, There is some value to be had, Ive chopped and changed tools a bit, Some second hand some new, One brand wont cover all your needs but tapepro being the exception, They have it all covered, Great tools, Unfortunately where I am that cost was just to much, But if I had the coin at the start tapepro would have been it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
"I thought they may have been inferior angleheads so decided to get some dms, The 2.5 and the 3.5, Both cost a mint, Both came in a box with a checked and quality control signed paper which was bollocks because both were set all out of whack."

The DM heads are excellent..but you are correct, the factory setup was **** on both of mine.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts