Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see these Level5 drywall tools at crazy cheap prices. Can anybody tell me about them should i steer clear of this stuff?

·
Registered
5 Posts
anytime I'm looking at buying a new tool & I'm not sure of the quality, i look at the brand name. if it indicates what it does or what its used for, it tells me a lot of times its junk. Like shopforce, masterhand, toolshop, builtrite... Names like these tell me right away.
take like dewalt for instance or hilti, the name is just a name but its still quality.
Im kinda being funny but its partly true

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
anytime I'm looking at buying a new tool & I'm not sure of the quality, i look at the brand name. if it indicates what it does or what its used for, it tells me a lot of times its junk. Like shopforce, masterhand, toolshop, builtrite... Names like these tell me right away.
take like dewalt for instance or hilti, the name is just a name but its still quality.
Im kinda being funny but its partly true
man I hate to say but they have a ****ty mixer and a bogus gettoblaster

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I see these Level5 drywall tools at crazy cheap prices. Can anybody tell me about them should i steer clear of this stuff?
Is the search function on here still stuffed?? Search goldblatt, its been talked about many times before, I got a full set to start off, Didn't like the boxes because they had plastic blades, I think they have gone back to brass now. Zookas ok, pumps good as any, Not a fan of angleheads but the goldblatts were ok too. Goosenecks just a gooseneck same as box filler, I didn't like the handles. The 7 and ten box is prob fine if you backwipe, I would get a better brand for a 12 though.

It all depends on your situation, For me it was 7k for the goldblatt set or 14k for Tapetech, Tapepro prob more but that's going back a bit now. It got me started, then I replaced tools as I wanted, But it still got me off being a full time hand slammer so it was all good.

There are some deals to be had in the second hand market too once you know what to look for, Nothing wrong with a mix and match set either.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Appreciate all of the interaction on Level 5. I work with Level 5 and have so for sometime. Some of the past tools needed some changes which have been made such as brass blade holders. Parts are mostly interchangeable with other major brands and are far less expensive. We pride ourselves on great customer service and offer a 3 year warranty+. The materials and workmanship are outstanding and we are sure you will be happy with the value! In general we priced over 30% below the competition! Worth a try for sure!!!! Thank you for your interest!

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Appreciate all of the interaction on Level 5. I work with Level 5 and have so for sometime. Some of the past tools needed some changes which have been made such as brass blade holders. Parts are mostly interchangeable with other major brands and are far less expensive. We pride ourselves on great customer service and offer a 3 year warranty+. The materials and workmanship are outstanding and we are sure you will be happy with the value! In general we priced over 30% below the competition! Worth a try for sure!!!! Thank you for your interest!
On bolded parts: One way to find that out is to do like other manufacturers have done - circulate some tools among some of the pros here who already run tools, and have them post what they think after they've tried them.

·
Does It Work!?
3,292 Posts
Thanks JustMe, good idea! How would we go about getting some guys to give us a try? Please message us at [email protected]!

Thank you,
Good for you on stepping up, Level5 . :thumbsup:

Maybe start organizing on here as a 1st step - on this thread could be a start. There's some who are especially up for trying new things. Precision Taping and Saskataper are a couple that come to mind. Maybe they and any others will speak up as well, if they're interested.

I'd volunteer as well, but I'm backing off some from doing much drywall finishing for awhile. I've got other things like some tools of my own to get wrapped up and start posting a few videos of what they can do, so the guys here don't think I've been talking with nothing really to back it up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks folks! We're not afraid to admit we had some challenges, nor will we shy away from allowing some folks to try out some tools. Of course we've been burned in the past on giving trials. If you have an interest and will give us a fair go, please email us at [email protected] and we'll work to set something up. We are in Kansas City so if you are local that would be ideal :) We won't be everybody's favorite, but we pride ourselves on putting value in the hands of the finisher by keeping very fair prices, a solid warranty, and friendly service :) We look forward to some contacts. JustMe, good luck on the new tools!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I think you'll find the guys on here will give an honest review, be it good or bad. We learn more from our mistakes than from our successes, after all. If they are good, GREAT, if they are poor, you'll find out where the improvements need to be made.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Go with Columbia tools!! I got eight years on a set with no problems except normal wear and tear. One rebuild on the bazooka and blades on the boxes and that's it. Those tools have made finishing a dream!! I have made a lot of money with them and they have paid for themselves a hundred times over. If I was to buy a set of tools tomorrow it would be Columbia!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts