Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bazooka-Joe said:
pretty satisfied with the 3 myself, I do run tickr mud
Lately, I've been running the 2.5 DM followed by the 3.5 NorthStar. After re-setting the blades on the 2.5 I was very surprised at how well it coated the tape :)

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
I will stay with my 3 and 3,5 combo, when you realize recognize one day you are rinsing more with a 2,5 let me know,

think and count how many more times ya rinsed over a year comon back and tell me man you were trying to save me from fatigue and those extra couple bucks saved:yes:

the 1988 comment is valid:blink:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I will stay with my 3 and 3,5 combo, when you realize recognize one day you are rinsing more with a 2,5 let me know,

think and count how many more times ya rinsed over a year comon back and tell me man you were trying to save me from fatigue and those extra couple bucks saved:yes:

What is all this "rinsing" you speak of? I don't "rinse" my tapeing head. The only time I need to stick it in water is in the summer to keep the mud wet.

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
What is all this "rinsing" you speak of? I don't "rinse" my tapeing head. The only time I need to stick it in water is in the summer to keep the mud wet.
what do you do with the access mud?

How do you keep the head clean

looks like I am to much of a clean freak

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
OK ya sure, thats fine how you do it I just thought of something else that goes with my system but I won't say anything, each to his own,

would like to see a video of yours though

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bazooka-Joe said:

Maybe it's something you're doing?

I gotta say, now that I have the blades dialed in, I get excellent coverage with very little to no spill-over with this 2.5 DM.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Maybe it's something you're doing?

I gotta say, now that I have the blades dialed in, I get excellent coverage with very little to no spill-over with this 2.5 DM.

Same here. I taped with 3" heads for 30 years or so. The 2 1/2" will cover the tape much better than any 3".

·
FASTER THAN A MARE
2,024 Posts
Will do !:thumbsup:

Kool I just went to You tube and seen the angles being flushed by 2bjr, a TT video also

a couple other guys doing angles,

I have cleaner look than what I seen out there, not saying I am the best and or right, but my angles look better than what I seen, being a clean freak is what I am, how ever I get non repair angles also

Love to see your guys ways at her though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I just leave my stuff in water for the most part. If I'm taping my flushers and rollers just sit in a bucket of water until I need them. When I finish my job I clean em up and put them in a little tool bag that holds all my corner tools. Any flushers, rollers, CP tube attachments, angle box, angle heads etc..

21 - 40 of 51 Posts