Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
First of all, I'm a complete noob in drywalling and this is my first project

I am building a drywall and have a 135 degree angle (please see the pictures). I'm planning to do two layers on each side of the wall. Could you please give me a few useful tips on how to do this ?
  • For example, should I do longitudinal or transverse planking ?
  • Should I fill the opening on the outside angle (the 225 degree angle)
  • Should I somehow prepare the drywall planks for this angle ? For instance cut them somehow special ?
  • Or do I just cut them as usual and fill everything with compound later ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do them as usual and fill with compound. Also, I would suggest adding an extra stud on either side of the angle for extra support, especially if you are double layering.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen, thanks for the reply.
How do I go about the emptiness between the 2 studs (outside 225 degree angle). Do I need to fill that with anything ? Or just leave it empty ? (I read on somewhere that one should never leave such a "hole" in the angle, since this is a weak spot).
Also, in that angle, do I cut the drywall boards with a straight cut ? (90 degrees) or do I make a specific cut for the binding between the 2 boards ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you wanted to fill the space in, you could attempt to do that with a 2x4 but cut the angles on the sides of the 2x4. I would just use straight cuts for the drywall, and fill the space between them with hot mud. In general I'd like to use 20-minute mud, or durabond. Durabond would be suggested in this space. Then you can put on your off angle tape

1 - 4 of 4 Posts