Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

Third hand hawk

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SlimPickins 
#1 ·
Anyone use one of these ?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
don't think I would be too keen on it .I use a P&K where it is the most logical to use it ,and the same with the H&T .Plus I only pull out the hawk while using the trowel so....
The only thing I found more useful is to get the hollow plastic handle .That way if you have a mini baker around ,it gives you a place where to set it .When it's smoke time or lunch ,it goes on top of the bucket .
The pan is the product to use if you need two hands free ,you can brace it between you belly and the wall (length wise) or your hip and the wall .A cheap plastic mud pan is probably cheaper to buy than that product

#4 ·
Gee ,now you got me staring at the product now Mudslingr ???
the only place I could see using it is on screws with my mini hawk(don't know why I bought it) .That way I could have a knife in one hand and a ball peen hammer in the other .But I can envision it becoming a gadget that collects dust in the box of my truck or garage though ,along with the others:mad:

#9 ·
thinking too hard...

:thumbdown: At first I thought it looks like an idea that may take off....but then I came to my senses. I would not by one. What I usually do is just take the hawk and slamm it onto the wall mudside and let it go. The hawk actually stays on the wall like a suction cup affect. Plenty of time to apply the tape w/ your now freed hawk hand. An awesome trade trick I learned years ago. Try it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.