Invisi-Back Drywall Crack Repair Backing Plate

Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #1

Trade: Drywall Crack Repair

Invisi-Back Drywall Crack Repair Backing Plate

About Invisi-Back: I made an offer to any of our members that I would send out a free sample of the product in a "Six-Pack" to personally try out this new product on a job, followed by a posted product revue. So far; I have sent the "Six-Pack" to Cazna, Kiwiman and Precision Taping; I still have 20 packages left to use before I receive another sample shipment. So, these free sample packages will go out to the the first 20 of you who send me your mailing address. (Email (drifter2739@yahoo.com) My intention and hope is that this new thread will prove to be both informative and useful to the business success of any followers. Best wishes to all, and God's Blessings. Drifter.
UPDATE ON OFFER TAKERS:
Cazna, Kiwiman and Precision Taping have been sent a "Six-Pack. Mudshark and 4 others (No stage names given) will be shipped today. Also; Kiwiman has asked me where Invisi-Back can be purchased at this time. Prest-On Drywall Fasteners, in Hot Springs, Arkansas, www.Prest-On.com is manufacturing and marketing Invisi-Back, since it is a strong compliment to their other products. Prest-On's most popular product is their Insta-Back Drywall Clip; used for joining one or more drywall panels during construction, and for making repairs of wallboard damages. You may have seen Insta-Back at both The Home Depot and Lowe's; perhaps you have used it on previous jobs. My latest information is that The Home Depot has contracted to produce a Training Video on Invisi-Back, which will soon appear on their Website, along with retail pricing information. Invisi-Back will then be available on their shelves by that time. In the meantime; Invisi-Back can be purchased directly from Prest-On Drywall Fasteners at (800) 323-1813.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg INVISI-BACK RENDERED.jpg (79.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Drifter; 06-20-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Corrections and additions to thread
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Drifter For This Useful Post:
2buckcanuck (06-20-2012), cazna (06-18-2012), Kiwiman (06-18-2012), Mudshark (06-19-2012), PrecisionTaping (06-18-2012), Sir Mixalot (06-19-2012)
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DrywallTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Trade: Hang, Finish, Texture, Repair, Paint

Re: Invisi-Back Drywall Crack Repair Backing Plate

Drifter you've got mail. I'm looking forward to trying out your crack rerpair system.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #3

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,045 Posts

I look forward to trying out the samples Drifter.
I will keep an eye out for them.
Thank you very much!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #4

Trade: Drywall hanger/finisher

What a guy! Handing out a freebie to a bunch of hungry drywall finishers! I emailed.
They sound very interesting and useful.
Very willing to give them a try!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
post whore

Trade: machine taper/ ex rocker
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,489 Posts

See, what did I say drifter, the 1st post would screw up

Nathan, you still have not fixed this bug

You can edit the failed smileys out of your post Drifter. Till Nathan (the owner of the site) fixes the bugs

Good luck
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
Mudder Lover

Trade: drywaller - do it all but prefer to be a finisher
Cool

OK Robert, I am "in" for the offer and sent you a message with my details. Looking forward to trying the product. What if all the boarding is perfect though?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #7

Trade: Drywall stopper
Thanked 1,348 Times in 796 Posts

So where do we buy invisi-backs from? are they available downunder?
I haven't even tried them yet but I guarantee I'll be buying more.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiman View Post
So where do we buy invisi-backs from? are they available downunder?
I haven't even tried them yet but I guarantee I'll be buying more.
OK Kiwiman: It may take a few more days for you to receive your package of Invisi-Back to try. I did put a brochure in the box; as to how you can order them. Meanwhile; Invisi-Back is being manufactured and marketed by Prest-On Drywall Fasteners. You may have used their Insta-Back Clips for joining one or more drywall panels during installation, or for making hole repairs. The Insta-Back Clips have been on the shelves at The Home Depot for some time now; The Invisi-Back will soon be appearing there as well. You can now order Invisi-Back from Prest-On; at (800) 323-1813. Ask for the pricing for a case of 200 plus a few extra Applicator Tools. I will post the ordering on DWT. Thanks for your interest.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2buckcanuck View Post
See, what did I say drifter, the 1st post would screw up

Nathan, you still have not fixed this bug

You can edit the failed smileys out of your post Drifter. Till Nathan (the owner of the site) fixes the bugs

Good luck
That's right Nathan! Another problem is that each time I try to log on, I get a message that my password is wrong. So I have to punch the radio-button "forgot my password" to heve them Email a reset password. Does anyone else have that problem. How annoying that is indeed!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
drywall slave

Trade: Drywall Contractor
Thanked 5,589 Times in 2,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
That's right Nathan! Another problem is that each time I try to log on, I get a message that my password is wrong. So I have to punch the radio-button "forgot my password" to heve them Email a reset password. Does anyone else have that problem. How annoying that is indeed!
Your password is wrong..

Last edited by moore; 06-20-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore View Post
Your password is wrong..
No! I entered the same password spelled correct. But I get tha same message back. I choose reset password, go to the "Change my Password" and re-enter it twice. It then lets me log in OK, but later in the same day, when I go on-line again, and enter that same password, I get thrown out again and have to reset it again. Something AIN'T RIGHT, Nathan!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #12

Trade: Drywall and decorating
Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,069 Posts

Got mine today, Thanks.

Great package you have put together Drifter, Very good with lots of info, I have to say im really surprised how thick the gauge of the steel is, These are very strong and wont bend easy, I imagined they were a lot thinner. Looks good, Looking forward to trying them but even before i use them they certainly look they will work and hold well under the right conditions. Great idea and thanks for joining DWT and letting us try them out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3240.jpg (91.5 KB, 10 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cazna For This Useful Post:
Kiwiman (06-21-2012), PrecisionTaping (06-21-2012), Sir Mixalot (06-24-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #13

Mine arrived today as well, thanks Robert, I'll be looking forward to trying them.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #14
Wannabe Woodworker

Trade: Drywall Journeyman/ Master Craftsman
Thanked 1,227 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
No! I entered the same password spelled correct. But I get tha same message back. I choose reset password, go to the "Change my Password" and re-enter it twice. It then lets me log in OK, but later in the same day, when I go on-line again, and enter that same password, I get thrown out again and have to reset it again. Something AIN'T RIGHT, Nathan!
Im still having problems thanking posts,I get redirected to a page that says I DONT HAVE PERMISSION. . Its not that big of a deal,just thought Id mention it
Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #15

The six you mailed to me came in the mail today. Looking forward to trying them. I can see other uses for them, too. Like when someone moves an outlet. Thanks, Robert!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #16

You know when a homeowner hangs his own rock and he had the rock delivered way too long ago and left it flat on dunnage and the bottom sheets get curvey?? Just put one of these guys in there and it will pull both sheets where they are supposed to be and your flat is flat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tim0282 For This Useful Post:
Bazooka-Joe (07-17-2012), cazna (06-23-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim0282 View Post
The six you mailed to me came in the mail today. Looking forward to trying them. I can see other uses for them, too. Like when someone moves an outlet. Thanks, Robert!
Tim: That's correct. Invisi-Back can also be used to make repairs; in many situations like when someone moves an outlet, when a cut-out has been made to create an access panel to plumbing or whatever, and when you need to make repairs of impact damages; such as a hole made by a doorknob or other such object; like when moving furniture, etc. Here's how to do it:
1) Cut a duplicate replacement piece, (square or rectangular) cut slightly smaller than the cut-out section.
2) Place and hold the larger half of the Invisi-Back against the underside of the cut edge; with its Tabs pointed outward and its Hinge Loops held in line against the cut-out edge.
3) While holding Invisi-Back in place; blind-fasten a 1" drywall screw through the panel and into its perforations at about the mid-point, and 3'4 Inch from the cut-out edge.
4) Tighten down the screw to flush it with the surface; dimpled only.
5) Place and fasten other Invisi-Backs around each edge of the cut-out as needed.
6) Insert the replacement piece into the cut-out, over the installed Invisi-Backs, making certain it is even with the surface.
7) Blind-fasten the replacement piece with additional drywall screws installed through its edges, in-line and across from the cut-out edge at about 3/4 of an Inch. Tighten down and dimple each screw. The result should be a strong repair that is free of bumps, ridges or crowns; to assure a smooth surface for refinishing with tape & float, match-texture and paint.

I will put together a photographic demonstration for you and DWT Members in a few days. Look for it to appear in my next Thread Installment.

Last edited by Drifter; 06-24-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Corrections made.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim0282 View Post
You know when a homeowner hangs his own rock and he had the rock delivered way too long ago and left it flat on dunnage and the bottom sheets get curvey?? Just put one of these guys in there and it will pull both sheets where they are supposed to be and your flat is flat.
You are right again Tim! I can see you are thinking. Invisi-Back creates an artificial backing without attachment to nearby studs or joists. Without back-cutting to the nearest stud; insert Invisi-Back into the seam of the panel joint, and it will pull and draw both panel edges up-tight and evenly flush with one another; providing strong peripheral support from the inside-out, left to right and up to down. That is what Invisi-Back is all about. "It's all that it's cracked up to be." That quote is our new slogan-mark. Thanks a bunch for your helpful comment.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Just a taper

Trade: drywall finishing

Hey Drifter,I received the six you mailed me yesterday,I will post a review as soon as I use them, thanks for the samples
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #20

I got to try the invisi-back the other day, I had a deep (and long) stone scratch in the centre of a 13mm ceiling sheet. I "V" cut along it and it ended up with a lot of flex when I pushed on the sheet, so I cut a wee slot in the crack and installed the invisi-back, it worked perfectly , I wish I had these things a long time ago, I'll always carry them now.
Thanks Rob, a brilliant idea you got there
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwiman For This Useful Post:
PrecisionTaping (07-07-2012)

Tags
crack, drywall, invisi-back, repair