What Texture sprayer you sugest?

Old 02-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #1

Trade: Drywall Contractor

What Texture sprayer you sugest?

I need small texture sprayer for mostly small job not sure which one is good for that. The problem is i have to match texture in my job and i need really good sprayer where i can adjust things to match existing ceilings. So i am just interesting if someone can suggest me what brand to buy and where?

http://1drywall.com/textures.html

Last edited by igorson; 04-22-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DrywallTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #2

Trade: builder.drywaller.steelstuder.ect

Re: What Texture sprayer you sugest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorson View Post
I need small texture sprayer for mostly small job not sure which one is good for that. The problem is i have to match texture in my job and i need really good sprayer where i can adjust things to match existing ceilings. So i am just interesting if someone can suggest me what brand to buy and where?
graco rtx 1500 good sprayer
Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #3

Trade: ....

Last edited by Mudslinger; 08-31-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #4

Trade: finisher

I agree the graco 1500 is a good setup for little jobs.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Larger Member

Trade: Drywall Texture! repair work and painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisner50s View Post

That depends really on what you want to accomplish. I personally wouldnt spray knockdown out of anything other than a spray rig. I would use the grayco 1500 for orangepeel though
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #6

Trade: builder.drywaller.steelstuder.ect

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
That depends really on what you want to accomplish. I personally wouldnt spray knockdown out of anything other than a spray rig. I would use the grayco 1500 for orangepeel though
I spray popcorn.orangepeel.knockdown.not a problem...
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Larger Member

Trade: Drywall Texture! repair work and painting

Quote:
I

I spray popcorn.orangepeel.knockdown.not a problem...

Not to bash anyone or flame them, but i am called in quite a bit with customers asking, "how do we fix this texture that they used a portable on, it dosent look right."

Anyone i come across that uses a hopper always says the same thing, which is what you said. They have no problem.

Well i have no problem spraying out of them either. I do have a problem with getting the right look that i am supposed to out of the hoppers as my pattern is hard to remain consitant, i have to constantly mix up mud over and over again. sometimes the batches are not the same unless i use a measuring cup.

I can think of plenty of reasons to not use my portable. and plenty to use my sprayer.

Here is the only way i will use my portable. I can't reach up 8 stories with my rig. I probably should invest in a drum style machine with a air compressor pump that runs much like my spray rig. Aside from that, it is a big pain in the butt to have to wheel it around from room to room
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #8

Trade: Drywall Finishing

For small jobs, you can't go wrong with a Graco 1250, its about half the cost and weight of the 1500.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #9

Trade: Drywall contractor

All are good ideas,just takes more time fore knockdown tex.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #10

Trade: Drywall repair and texture service
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorson View Post

http://osseodrywall.com
Hey I have a great suggestion check out a machine from Pressurized texnology . http://texturespraymachine.com/ I have been using one for along time and they are the best.... the have 3 sizes from repair to full production spraying, and they are the best... and portable
Old 03-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #11

Quote:
hey ive seen a few guy's having sprayer problems.. I do repair specialty and have for 26 yrs. I use a machine from Pressurized texnology here's the website http://texturespraymachine.com/ been using for years they have 3 sizes and they are the best from patches to full production, and portable.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #12
Wannabe Woodworker

Trade: Drywall Journeyman/ Master Craftsman
Thanked 1,227 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
Not to bash anyone or flame them, but i am called in quite a bit with customers asking, "how do we fix this texture that they used a portable on, it dosent look right."

Anyone i come across that uses a hopper always says the same thing, which is what you said. They have no problem.

Well i have no problem spraying out of them either. I do have a problem with getting the right look that i am supposed to out of the hoppers as my pattern is hard to remain consitant, i have to constantly mix up mud over and over again. sometimes the batches are not the same unless i use a measuring cup.

I can think of plenty of reasons to not use my portable. and plenty to use my sprayer.

Here is the only way i will use my portable. I can't reach up 8 stories with my rig. I probably should invest in a drum style machine with a air compressor pump that runs much like my spray rig. Aside from that, it is a big pain in the butt to have to wheel it around from room to room
i have tried all types of portables and have had no luck. Big bulky and a pain to clean. They are always malfunctioning at WRONGTIME. Have never used a big spray rig so cant comment. I prefer a regular hopper with a long liteweight hose and big electric or gas powered compressor.Leave pressor in truck run hoses in door of job and yell MUD bout every 40 seconds or so. I dont use bag spraymud anymore boxmud is easier to mix and get consisteny right every bucket. We dont spray as much anymore but have sprayed 30000 feet or better in about 6 hrs last week doing it this way {38 bxs mud}. Also can rig pressor with 2 hoses for 2 guys to spray at same time with gas powered jenny. P.S. like to thank all you spray knockdown guys out there for keepin the prices up
Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
Wannabe Woodworker

Trade: Drywall Journeyman/ Master Craftsman
Thanked 1,227 Times in 642 Posts

the key is air pressure consistency. Mud mixing should not be a problem. I would rather have it a bit runny over too thick
Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #14

Trade: roofing

We use the Wagner Power Tex texture sprayer. However, it's a lot harder to spray on a consistent texture pattern.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
i have tried all types of portables and have had no luck. Big bulky and a pain to clean. They are always malfunctioning at WRONGTIME. Have never used a big spray rig so cant comment. I prefer a regular hopper with a long liteweight hose and big electric or gas powered compressor.Leave pressor in truck run hoses in door of job and yell MUD bout every 40 seconds or so. I dont use bag spraymud anymore boxmud is easier to mix and get consisteny right every bucket. We dont spray as much anymore but have sprayed 30000 feet or better in about 6 hrs last week doing it this way {38 bxs mud}. Also can rig pressor with 2 hoses for 2 guys to spray at same time with gas powered jenny. P.S. like to thank all you spray knockdown guys out there for keepin the prices up
I have tried to Recommend a portable sprayer that is the best http://texturespraymachine.com/ most portable rigs are junk.a hopper is great for a popcorn patch,orangepeel ,or a small pattern knockdown.a pull behind rig is good if your spraying 4k ft a day or more... or there a waste of fuel to drag around !!! If you want to spray a professional pattern, patch or whole house.these machines dont spray hopper quality ,but just like a big rig.go to the site watch the video!!! diaphram pumps surge, rotor stator and hydraulic pumps break!! these machines operate on pressure and have no pump to break!!! you just dont know what your missing!!! a tool is an investment .. not an expence!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #16
post whore

Trade: machine taper/ ex rocker
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallman View Post
I have tried to Recommend a portable sprayer that is the best http://texturespraymachine.com/ most portable rigs are junk.a hopper is great for a popcorn patch,orangepeel ,or a small pattern knockdown.a pull behind rig is good if your spraying 4k ft a day or more... or there a waste of fuel to drag around !!! If you want to spray a professional pattern, patch or whole house.these machines dont spray hopper quality ,but just like a big rig.go to the site watch the video!!! diaphram pumps surge, rotor stator and hydraulic pumps break!! these machines operate on pressure and have no pump to break!!! you just dont know what your missing!!! a tool is an investment .. not an expence!!
Ok i watched it and now I have questions
You half to own a compressor too, Or maybe race off to a garage where you get your tires filled. I don't spray much anymore, but why not just buy a pressure pot and a nozzle. Guess what I'm trying to say is you could make your own......couldn't you ?????
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #17

Trade: R&D Drywall and Plastering Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2buckcanuck View Post
You half to own a compressor too, Or maybe race off to a garage where you get your tires filled. I don't spray much anymore, but why not just buy a pressure pot and a nozzle. Guess what I'm trying to say is you could make your own......couldn't you ?????
Porta Tex0002.jpg
1986 ...

(I know this isn't relevant to anything...and nobody bought them...but I still think it's cool!!!! Please forget I was ever here...)

Last edited by rhardman; 04-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhardman View Post
http://texturespraymachine.com/image...4/unit_4_2.jpg are you trying to tell me something Mr. Flinstone....I never said they invented the Wheel, Ahh... 2011 Texnology is Good, HA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unit_4_1.jpg (82.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by wallman; 04-15-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
Super Moderator

Trade: Drywall Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I find it very hard to believe that you are capable spraying 30,000 ft or 38 boxes of mud in 6 hrs with just a hopper. Even with two hoppers going that is really pushing it unless your mud is the consistency of water and you have a really big tip on your hopper. I think you may be stretching it a bit just to play down what a real sprayer is capable. Mud or texture will only flow so fast through a gravity fed hopper. Even if we fill it up with nothing but water and pull the trigger I doubt very much you will empty it in 40 seconds... the law of physics. I can tell you I used a hopper for years sprayed every type of texture and they will never compare to a pump, you just need to know how to use one. Oh by the way try spraying anything over 12' with a hopper without stilts and see how long it takes you . And I am not referring to a big rig but more like an apla-tech or graco big tex size will always out preform a hopper. Clean up just dump some water in the hopper and pump it out simple as that.
chris (04-17-2011)
Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2buckcanuck View Post
YES WISE GUY YOU DO NEED A COMPRESSOR!!! MAKE ONE YOUR SELF?? NOW THAT IS STUPID!!! HELL I CAN SPREAD MUD WITH A PIECE SHEET METAL!! BUT I DONT.... HA HA TOOLS ARE AN INVESTMENT. A... wow the brass section of this site is amazing !!!! who's got the biggest!!!! i'm gonna make a sandwich now.. hell I'll just go out and get one!!!!

Tags
ceiling painting, ceiling spray, knockdown, popcorn, spray rig, texture ceilings