Drywall Talk - Professional Drywall and Finishing Contractors Forum banner

5' radius arch w/ 5/8 Exterior Gyp

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Frankawitz 
#1 ·
Anyone out there have any ideas for hanging a 5' rad. arch w/ 5/8 Exterior gyp? Tried 6" rips soaked in water bath but they just broke. Specs call for Ext gyp w/ 1" foam and Drivit over. Any substitution must be GC /Arch. approved. It's on entryway 16' up. Back cutting might work but afraid the board would peel trying to get it up the scaffold.

#3 ·
curious as to how you made out darren did you end up using 5/8 exterior or did general contractor allow an alternative, i probably would have back cut and got a spare set of hands for install,don't know if i would have had the patience for the leaning for a day or two method, but probably would have worked.

#4 ·
Outside temp 13 F. Rips cut for job in solid block of ice. On hold until better weather. Still waiting for alternatives from USG rep. (emailed 1/22, no reply). Will probably build a form indoors unless given another option. Going to eat a lot of labor that way. Figure if I wait until EIFS shows up, GC will let me use 3 layers 1/4 hi-flex to complete. Keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.