Places to list your website - Business, Marketing, and Sales - Drywall Talk

Places to list your website

Old 10-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #1

Trade: Drywall Installation

Places to list your website

Aloha Drywall Contractors!

I recently created a website after years of not having one. I've got the basics up and running and I'm still expanding (plan to add a few pages showing completed work very soon).

I was wondering which sites you list your business on? I'm interested in getting more visits from the search engines & not sure which ones are worth the time or money.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

~Harold

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kauaidrywall For This Useful Post:
MrWillys (10-12-2016), Nick Harmon (10-17-2016)
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DrywallTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 10-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #2

Trade: Drywall
Thanked 1,302 Times in 760 Posts

Re: Places to list your website

Harold,
Welcome to the board. Your web host should have a provision to upload your site to the search engines like Yahoo, Google, Bing and others. Make sure to include a line in your HTML of keywords as shown highlighted below. I'm retired and my website is programming EFI. Your keywords would be Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii, Drywall, taping, metal studs and whatever else is in your scope. You may have to click on it to enlarge it to read it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWillys For This Useful Post:
Nick Harmon (10-17-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 10:27 AM   #3

Trade: sanusense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidrywall View Post
Aloha Drywall Contractors!

I recently created a website after years of not having one. I've got the basics up and running and I'm still expanding (plan to add a few pages showing completed work very soon).

I was wondering which sites you list your business on? I'm interested in getting more visits from the search engines & not sure which ones are worth the time or money.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

~Harold
I have been also wondering about this thing, I have recently created a blog on Bicycling to express my personal views in it. I suggest you to start with submitting on directories and make sure getting from relevant sources.
Nick Harmon (10-17-2016)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #4

Trade: drywall

Great question. Here is a really good site and list of the top 50 places to get your business info on to help your search engine results.

I help other fellow local businesses around our town with this stuff - here's our new tow truck page that is currently climbing the search engine pages: ButteTowing.com. It's not fancy looking but it is all set up to get the phone to ring and get ranked on Google.

There's a lot more places/directories to list your business on but these first top 50 ones are a must. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to BobButteMT For This Useful Post:
MrWillys (03-09-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #5

Trade: plasterer

https://www.yelp.com
Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #6

Trade: Solutions Provider

Just remember that all activities on the web effectively affect all other activities on the web. Every action you take, every post you make, it is watching you and associating you with and connecting you to everything else on the web. I am constantly doing keyword searches (words that relate to things that relate to what I am doing and things that might relate to what relates to what I am doing ... to infinity}. Images is a good place to test this "game theory". You would be surprised how many pictures that I posted here on Drywall Talk show up on the first page of images related to "prefabricated drywall shapes". These images reference from where they came (where they can be found) which has created awareness of the places, people and things related to who I am, what I do, how I do it ... and inspires curiosity for the searcher searching as to why I do what I do the way that I do it.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
General Contractor

Trade: General Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobButteMT View Post
Great question. Here is a really good site and list of the top 50 places to get your business info on to help your search engine results.

I help other fellow local businesses around our town with this stuff - here's our new tow truck page that is currently climbing the search engine pages: ButteTowing.com. It's not fancy looking but it is all set up to get the phone to ring and get ranked on Google.

There's a lot more places/directories to list your business on but these first top 50 ones are a must. Good luck!
Great list Bob and I completely agree. This forum is great as well as the related forums in your service/niche.

The more online citations and directories you submit your business information to the better. It will increase your chances of being included in the Google map pack.

You will also want to incorporate and tie in as many other Google properties as well to increase your trust score. These would include youtube, G+, Google map embeds, etc..

You can see an example of these on our site here: JCD Construction.

Hope that helps!
Julian
Old 11-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #8

Trade: Right Now - www.rightnowcleaning.com

gOOGLE, yAHOO, bing, create a Facebook profile and put the link to your website.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #9

Trade: Drywall contractor

Posting to sites or directories can be a good start but I believe they do charge a lot if you want to be on the first page or in the spotlight on their page. What I suggest doing is to have SEO professionals help you with your site. I went through Portkey SEO and we've been getting on the first pages for keyword searches plus our blogs that they write. That's how we've been getting so many clients. They do something like keyword optimization throughout our website and pages like services and projects.
I don't think many people look to directories. They'll go with what they find on the first pages of Google or other search engines.